Magneti Marelli is an international Group committed to the design and production of hi-tech systems and components for the automotive sector. With more than 40.500 employees, 89 production units, 12 R&D Centres and 30 Application Centres, the Group has a presence in 19 countries and supplies all the most important car makers in Europe, North and South America and Asia.
Magneti Marelli mission, as a worldwide automotive parts supplier, is to make its key technologies available to its final customers at an affordable price, by matching high quality and a competitive offer, technology and flexibility. Magneti Marelli is providing its know-how and wide-ranging expertise in electronics, through a process of ongoing innovation and environmental sustainability in order to develop intelligent systems for active and passive vehicle safety, onboard comfort and powertrain technologies.
The Magneti Marelli business areas are:
- Automotive Lighting (front and rear lighting systems, body electronics)
- Powertrain (engine control systems for gasoline, diesel and multifuel engines; Automated Manual Transmission “Freechoice” gearboxes)
- Electronic Systems (instrument clusters; infotainment & telematics)
- Suspension Systems (suspension systems, shock absorbers. dynamic systems),
- Exhaust Systems (exhaust systems, catalytic converters and silencing systems)
- Plastic Components and Modules (activity under integration process in Magneti Marelli)
- After Market Part and Service (Spare Parts for the Independent Aftermarket – IAM, Service Network – Magneti Marelli Checkstar Workshops)
- Motorsport (electronic and electro-mechanical systems specifically for championships at the cutting edge of technology, in F1, MotoGP, SBK and the WRC)
-Role in the project
Magneti Marelli (MM) will operate both on the hardware/platform side (WP2) and on the application side (WP1), providing requirement analysis, software and hardware development and integration for the automotive domain.
The 2 main Use Cases that will be tested are:
- Valet Parking
- Pedestrian recognition
- Ref. Ing. Filippo Castaldo
- Viale Carlo Emanuele II 150,
- Venaria Reale (Torino)